8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Porth Ag Arena in Crockett TX  (Read 5519 times)

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
Porth Ag Arena in Crockett TX
« on: October 10, 2008, 09:49:57 PM »
I will be coming in from the north and was wondering if someone could tell me where I need to go once I get to Crockett to find this arena?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Re: Porth Ag Arena in Crockett TX
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 09:50:50 PM »
Just keep driving.................. :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:51:46 PM »
call brenda on her cell for directions I'll PM you her number
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 09:52:31 PM »
Txsweetie, you can google it.................. *:o

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 09:56:13 PM »
i googled it and it only told me crockett.  I think I can find it just wanted to make sure lol .  Thanks Kayla got your pm.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 09:57:15 PM »
 <:)

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 09:58:04 PM »
i did not want to get on the loop and keep going in a circle and not know what i was looking for.   :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 09:59:05 PM »
You are looking for a covered arena...............Probably will have trailers around it................ :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  You know I am just messing with you............... >:D >:D >:D  Love ya.................. :*

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 10:02:28 PM »
 :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

yea but sometimes I crack myself up with the things I say.  lol  I went to Lufkin the other day and one of the guy said I know if I get on the loop we can miss it.  I said it really does not matter it just makes a big circle you can't go wrong.  Everyone started laughing at me and I was like what???????  They said do you know what a loop is?????????   :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  I hate being a dumb a$$

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 10:06:35 PM »
You have to look for the marque sign.. it is one with the lights on it rolling... the arena sits WAY back off the road and you can miss it... unless you catch another trailer pulling in.... ya'll have fun and keep Brenda under control.............
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 10:08:27 PM »
Okay kewl!!!  Thanks so much!!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 10:17:23 PM »
 <:)

Offline burnintheturns

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 11:02:27 PM »
From which direction are you coming?
ETA:

Nevermind. . . I just went back and re-read which what you are coming from.  Since you are coming from the North, I take it that you will be coming down 19 from the Palestine direction?

If so. . . . have I got a deal for you!!!!!!

When you tie into the loop in Crocket after you pass Houston County Vet Hospital on the right, take a left onto the loop.  You will pass the Ford/New Holland dealership, Don Rafas, Cowboy Conversions, and several other places before you get to the intersection of the loop and Highway 21.  At that intersection, you will see in the southwest corner a Taco Bell/KFC/and Valero station. 

Go straight through that intersection.  Pass H.E.B., the Hospital, McDonalds, Texas Burger, Sonic, and Walmart.  You will now arrive at the intersection of the loope and Highway 7.  Whataburger and Doc's Country BBQ will be in the NE quadrant of that intersection.  To the Right of you in the intersection you will see a Tetco Fuel station.  I believe it is Soigne's dress shop that will be directly to the south of the Tetco just across Hwy 7 as it passes over the loop traveling into town.  Keep going on the loop.

You will be passing a motel, several other businesses, Crockett Farm and Fuel and a truck stop on the left side of the pavement and Tractor Supply on the right.  You will soon see a sign that shows the way to Beaumont.  That is hwy 287.  There will be an Exxon station in the SW quadrant of that intersection.  There will be a church in the NE section of the intersection.  And there are other various businesses but I cannot remember what they are.  Keep going. 

To your left, you will come upon a Holiday Inn and some business suites to your right.  After you pass these business suites and a Masonic Lodge on your right, there will be a curve in the road, an open field on the right side of the highway and a scrolling marque just before you get to a street.  On the same side of the road but across that street, you will see a hotel/motel and just beyond that is Houston County Equipment and some very bright orange tractors.  That street just past the open field is the one you will want to take as it takes you to the Civic Center and Porth Ag arena.  If you go past it, keep going until you get to Houston County Electric Co-Op on the left.  (That is a place that is pretty easy to turn around in.)

The reason I typed the directions this way is because that turn on that street is sometimes easy to miss if you are not just real familiar with the area.  Yes, the marque is easy to see but as familiar as I am, sometimes, I just about miss it. (But I do have squabbling house monkies in the truck with me, most often.)  The pavilion and civic center is recessed off the road quite a ways and I think that sometimes affects a persons snapping to it.  I can also remember ten years ago when I was new to the area.

The marquee is fairly tall and the metal on it is a dark color.  I think that the part that indicates that it is Porth is plastic and blue with white letters.  But I haven't paid much attention to its color other than the dark metal.

I hope I have been of some help to you.  I should be there tomorrow in a rusty old bucket cow trailer.  And because of Ike's generosity. . . . I am now going topless.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 11:47:02 PM by burnintheturns »
Still a squeeky wheel. . .

Offline burnintheturns

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 12:05:52 AM »
I will warn ya ahead of time. . .  and not trying to scare you away. . . I appreciate good healthy, tough competition; but there is a big ditch at the first barrel going in. . . as my daughter calls it. . . a man hole and it is only getting deeper as time rolls on.  It is usually good to go after the livestock show when they rip and disk it after the livestock show until along about December/January.  I do not know who did it this time. . . maybe it has something to do with how well they leveled it before the April stock show and how bad it was before they leveled it.  Course, I know it has a lot to do with the guys on the tractor running the drags and how much knowledge they have of working dirt not that it is necessarily their fault that they do not have the knowledge. 

But there have been many who have been a little perturbed about the 'hole'.  There have been some who can't handle it and that is why I just wanted to FYI.

Chelsea and I were talking about it when we were up there just working horses and even she is not too happy with it. . ..  this is kind of our home pen.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 12:15:42 AM by burnintheturns »
Still a squeeky wheel. . .

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 06:32:19 PM »
Txsweetie and TNT what did you guys do today? :blah: