General Category > General Discussion

Clayton (Scamper's Clone)

<< < (5/6) > >>

lauraSchumann:

--- Quote from: Tamet Gould on November 03, 2008, 08:59:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: lauraSchumann on November 03, 2008, 08:43:50 PM ---Since i do not rely on bloodlines alone to base my decisions on breeding a mare to a stallion....(I do look at bloodlines but I prefer performing stallions with a record of performance) I would never breed to him unless he proves himself in the arena.  I too agree that just because
Scamper did it, does not mean Clayton can....all kinds of factors figured into what made Scamper who he was....and genetics are one thing,
but time and place are another.....jmo.... :yes: :yes:

--- End quote ---
Amen, its called epigenetics.   Not only your time and place but the fact remains that we cant truly control genetics becasue anytime we encounter a virus or protozoa it alters our genetics.   Turning them off and on; their preference.   So in reality you arent getting a clone, it isnt truly possible.  The vast majority of our genes are changing to help us live in our enviroment.   Bet they havent told you that, have they?    Nor will they.   To much research money would disappear.

For instance, look at what is happening to our Corn and corn throughout the world.    Did you know that the genetically altered corn that Mansato is trying to force upon everyone is killing the variey of corn in Mexico?    Guess what, it is still happening even though Mexico doesnt buy its seed from the US nor does it allow it down there.   Yet the "bug resistant" Corn that Mansato has designed using a virus is killing our native corns.   Hmmmm why cant they control that?    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I feel a soapbox coming on....   (XXX) (XXX)  Gotta go.....   (XXX) (XXX)

--- End quote ---

My point exactly described as above!!  Unless you fed exactly what he ate...at exactly what times he ate it, lived exactly in the same living conditions, the same air, the same life at the feed lot, the same, the same, the same....in the same time period....that's ONLY way this horse would be identical.  Because time and place factors into his growth, his abilities, his everything!!
From a selling point of view, no researcher is going to put forth that info----they are going to sell you a "dream"..... :blah:

melaself:
I personally don't think you can get 100 per cent genetics with clones or embryo transfers either. You have to consider that the blood of the donor mother carrying the baby flows through it's veins. It has to. And that in itself has to affect the genetics of the baby by adding another set of genes into the mix.  Oh it might be close, but it will never be 100 per cent.

~Kara Elaine~:
i agree with laura... i think every aspect of our life makes us who we are! For an example, who would we be with out our horses? If someone cloned you and took horses completley out of your life then expected you to win the NFR you couldnt do it! Your life experiances are different. The people that taught you or the horses that changed your carrer wouldnt be there. 

debhorses:
DANG LAURA!!!! i thought u were referring to Jewel instead of Lizzie's horsie   :blah:

Freckles:
I went to Charmayne's Clinic to watch with my sister and she had Clayton there. I saw him up close and yes he is put together nicely.  :cheeze: :cheeze:

SHe said that she would not compete on him because he would always live in scampers shadow.  :\\(((

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version