General Category > General Discussion

TWO BARREL RACERS KILLED IN WRECK

<< < (4/5) > >>

kbrooks:
Oh my goodness.  How awful.  Many prayers to all families involved.  Jennifer was a great gal.  She was always so kind, friendly, outgoing and positive at all the barrel races.  I remember her telling the stories of coming to Texas for the races because of the people making fun of her and her horse.  Every time she made a run at Lonestar she was always doing a personal best.  What a terrible loss for the barrel racing community.

coldheart:
I hope the family's can stay strong and get threw this challenging time. Losing loved ones is so hard, the pain feels as if it is all you have left.  Im not going to say it will get better in time because I know right now thats not what they want to hear. What I will say is I pray the families and friends can get threw today and stay strong for tomorrow. 

hnhfarms:
This is just horrible...girls we all need to drive slower, wear our seatbelts, and watch watch watch out for the other drivers...after the accident years ago in OK where the bridge was out and the 2 barrel racers were killed...I now watch for on coming traffic on the big bridges to make sure they are safe on the other side..and I drive slower up my side...am I crazy or what???  If you looked at the pictures that was a 2008 Ford and there was nothing left and the trailer was up in the back seat of the truck, and buckets everywhere...
God bless their families and friends...sending many prayers from Texas...

canchasin Cindy:
prayers to the family and friends...
so very sorry for their loss.

lauraSchumann:

--- Quote from: hnhfarms on May 26, 2009, 12:18:35 AM ---This is just horrible...girls we all need to drive slower, wear our seatbelts, and watch watch watch out for the other drivers...after the accident years ago in OK where the bridge was out and the 2 barrel racers were killed...I now watch for on coming traffic on the big bridges to make sure they are safe on the other side..and I drive slower up my side...am I crazy or what???  If you looked at the pictures that was a 2008 Ford and there was nothing left and the trailer was up in the back seat of the truck, and buckets everywhere...
God bless their families and friends...sending many prayers from Texas...

--- End quote ---

I was sitting here the other day as the news came in about who won what at Ft. Smith---thinking about Maggie Green and Gail Shanahan.
It was a devastating loss to the barrel racing community and all that knew them both.  Wonderful ladies.  How ironic this accident had to happen
at the near time of the passing of these two women as well.  I can't seem to travel that way and I will drive all the way around to keep from
crossing that bridge.....:(

Again the barrel racing community is devasted by the loss of two ladies again.  Its a shame.  I knew neither of them, but as people have already
said---they both were very great girls and what a great representation of what we all try to project as good people.  Prayers to their families,
friends and may God Bless them.  They will be missed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version