General Category > General Discussion

SADDLE PADS:100% Wool v.s. Impact Gel ???

(1/6) > >>

HossLova:
Hello all...
There's a lot of talk these days on which pad is the "best" for your horse's comfort as well as the "best" for running barrels(or any other speed event for that matter)...
Marlene McRae says that she likes to only use 100% wool pads (as sold on her site) ...while MANY other champs say that they wouldn't ride in anything but the "Impact Gel" pads that are on the market now...ALL have good explanations why,so it makes it That much More confusing when trying to buy the "best" for your animal....
ANY THOUGHTS/RECOMMENDATIONS ??? Thanks SO much guys !!!

Pam Cantwell:
I've never tried a gel impact pad so I can't speak on that. I know wool is good. Wicks up the sweat better. Personally I like things that allow a horse's back to "breathe" a little. One of my stepbrothers told me that some pads can actually give you too much "bounce" and that is not good for your horse's back. It's a hard decision, I know.

Donk:
 <:)I use Classic Equine pads.  They make a wool pad and a neoprene pad.  I have one of each and both are contoured.  I think they are the best pads and are nearly already broke-in when you first use them.  They withstand alot of riding.  My horses are not sore or excessively sweaty under them after riding.  I love them both.  Good luck with your "hunt".

Downthealley:

Tod Slone pad... Well worth the money!

Sherry May:
I have an impact gel pad and I like it.  Mine has a wool lining.  My only problem is that the lining is separating from the rest of the pad.  It is glued and the glue is not holding.  I am going to try something different when I get my new saddle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version