Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Poll

Is Bobby Barter's Barrelnanza Bikini Barrel race inappropriate for the sport of barrel racing?

Doesn't belong in the sport.
18 (45%)
Appropriate for the sport of barrel racing.
22 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: November 06, 2006, 07:27:28 AM

Author Topic: Bikini Barrel Race  (Read 29538 times)

Offline KMS

• Extreme Member
Re: Bikini Barrel Race
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2006, 04:49:55 PM »
easyturn & b-racerbabe
I am proud of both of you for not being afraid to post your opionions.  The bikini barrel race would be a bit demeaning for me "personally", hence you won't see my name on the entries.  Heck I'm not even going to the race :\\(((  but if I was, you wouldn't see my name there.  However, I also feel that as long as women allow themselves to be exploited, there will continue to be wet t-shirt contests and bikini barrel races, and the list goes on and on.  If nobody had entered.....you wouldn't see that event on the schedule next year.  Now no offense to those who are entered......I have always envied those who are proud of what they have or don't have and aren't afraid to let a little show.  They probably have more spice in their life than I do and more power to them.  I'm sure that everyone will take the necessary precausions to ensure everthing stays tied and tucked or otherwise under control.  You probably won't see any more there (probably less) than you do at the local beach or swimming pool.  After all, nobody "wants" to be on the next blooper video !!
Keep your words soft and sweet as some day you may have to eat them.

Offline b-racerbabe

• Novice Member
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2006, 04:54:44 PM »
Bikinis are fine when worn at a swimming pool!  But, that's where they belong - at a pool and not in an arena!   (woohoo)
There's only one reason the bikini barrel race is taking place and it isn't about having the best time. :no: <DUMMY ME>

I am looking forward to shopping the vendors!   <:)Thanks for the good luck wish...Same to ya! :later:

Offline jenijill

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • pray for our soldiers
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2006, 04:57:34 PM »
Just to let y'all know there is one male running the bikini race.  So it won't be just watching girls, it will also be watching one guy.  I for one wish i was agoing to be there.
it is Gods responsibilty to forgive the terrorist and it is the US Military's responsibilty to arrange the meeting

Offline rodeodelux

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2006, 05:15:09 PM »
I personally wouldn't enter a bikini barrelrace either. I'm nervous enough with my clothes on makin a run! Most definitly would not want to have pictures or video made of me runnin in a bikini! But i would watch the man and women who did enter and cheer em on for having that much nerve! I'm sure Mr. Barter meant for it to be funny, but if he finds it offends too many people he might consider not doing it again. ( I still think it will be funnier than it will be sexy).

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2006, 05:40:43 PM »
Bikinis are fine when worn at a swimming pool!  But, that's where they belong - at a pool and not in an arena!   (woohoo)
There's only one reason the bikini barrel race is taking place and it isn't about having the best time. :no: <DUMMY ME>

I am looking forward to shopping the vendors!   <:)Thanks for the good luck wish...Same to ya! :later:

What is the one reason that the bikini barrel race is taking place?
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2006, 05:45:07 PM »
Just to let y'all know there is one male running the bikini race.  So it won't be just watching girls, it will also be watching one guy.  I for one wish i was agoing to be there.

This should be really interesting.  I'll be there to watch, I'll make sure and report back to ya on that one!  >:D
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline b-racerbabe

• Novice Member
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2006, 05:46:29 PM »
:lalala: Believe it or not, I plan to watch the Bikini race.  I plan to watch the women with  :)/\\ one eye and the man - I'll watch with  :o both eyes!   BB) I would rather keep barrel racing a competition sport that's about good ridin and a great horse! :()&  The dress code is jeans, shirt, hat  <:) boots and a decked out horse! :yes:  

Speaking of horses....time to ride mine... :later:

Offline b-racerbabe

• Novice Member
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2006, 05:51:24 PM »
 (:(((  Okay...if I must answer <SLEEPY TIME>... TO LET IT ALL FALL OUT AND BE SEEN!!!!  rofl

Offline onehorseaday

• Extreme Member
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2006, 08:06:15 PM »
I have mixed feelings about the bikini race. On one hand it should be entertaining and hilarious. It takes a lot of guts for someone to enter it. I would have to have several margaritas pre-race if I were entered. The "contestants" have a high chance of making a complete fool of themselves in front of a lot of people AND the TV stations covering it. rofl I agree that it is exploiting people  of both sexes and is not a good example for our kids. :no: I hope for the sport that it comes off without any catastrophes/embarrassments. I think Mr. Barter should consider having a bareback barrel race next year instead. It would be just as funny and entertaining and a lot more CLASS.  I will be there to watch and laugh at them with my husband in tow. Wouldn't miss it.
"if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you are not watering yours enough"

Offline b-racerbabe

• Novice Member
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2006, 08:43:59 PM »
 (((((((HUGS))))))))Thanks ,Onehorseaday,for a classy response (hi there).  I agree with you and hope that Mr. Bobby will re-think this for next year.   :yes:

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2006, 09:02:22 PM »
 <COLOR GRIN> JMO......I think the Bikini Barrel Race is just harmless FUN FUN FUN!  It's no different than wearing a bikini while swimming, playing volleyball, jumping from a diving board, riding a horse in your bikini on the beach, etc.  It's definitely STILL good riding & great horses & competition.  It's something different to break up the monotony of the regular barrel race.  I don't believe it's exploiting anyone, all the contestants entered VOLUNTARILY & are FULLY aware that there will be a very large audience watching.  <COLOR GRIN>
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline b-racerbabe

• Novice Member
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2006, 08:08:46 AM »
 :no:Christie, it is different - completely different.  You expect to see bikinis on a beach or at a pool. That's where they belong though.  I don't care if they're playing volleball or riding a horse on the beach.    Barrel racing takes place in arenas - not on beaches.  Personally, I don't believe in "anything goes as long as you claim it's all in the name of fun!"   Women need to be careful that they don't become objects of "fun" in every aspect of life.   I realize I won't change your opinion - or anybody elses - that has the mentality of "anything goes in the name of fun!".    I don't think a bikini barrel race is appropriate for this event.    There's thousands of other things that could be done "in fun" that arent' as disrespectful to women and the sport of barrel racing.   <HI>

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2006, 10:56:53 AM »
I wish I had the confidence to enter something like that and I am positive that the stands will be as full if not more full during that race as compared to the rest of the finale. I'm sure most people wil find it very entertaining and fun and I doubt you see anything worse than what you would see on a beach somewhere.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2006, 03:06:04 PM »
OK, I know I'm going up in flames over this...

I have not posted my opinion one way or the other concerning this event. I merely said that if you will be embarassed to watch, don't look. I do not feel I have the right or obligation to police anyone else's virtue or morality other than my own. I do not applaud any of you for having the guts to post your opinions on this board, because I feel if you have a problem with it you should go straight to the producer and voice your opinion. I'm guessing that you have not done that. You have only come on here to try to get everyone stirred up over your "cause". If you were to go to the source of your impending problem with your complaint, then I might applaud your courage.

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2006, 08:59:08 PM »
b-racerbabe, would you feel the same way if the Producer of this barrel race was a female? 
Do you believe all women who wear bikini's have boob jobs and are pole dancer's?
I wear a bikini top in the summer mowing my yard to get a tan, so what does that make me? 
Oh, I don't have a boob job either!
And your comment to melaself was VERY inappropriate, she did not attack you in any way.....she simply stated that those who have a problem with the Bikini Barrel Race should go straight to the source to complain.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 09:08:59 PM by Christi »
~ Norman Vincent Peale