Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Poll

Is Bobby Barter's Barrelnanza Bikini Barrel race inappropriate for the sport of barrel racing?

Doesn't belong in the sport.
18 (45%)
Appropriate for the sport of barrel racing.
22 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: November 06, 2006, 07:27:28 AM

Author Topic: Bikini Barrel Race  (Read 29600 times)

Downthealley

Re: Bikini Barrel Race
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006, 12:06:24 AM »
:lalala: Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I did go straight to the producer with my concerns.  Let me remind you - he's male.  No wonder he thinks this is a great idea.  Full stands don't make it right either.   I obviously have more respect for women and the sport of barrel racing than you.   Near nakedness shouldn't be required for "fun" everytime women are involved.    Now my turn to guess about you....  You fall between the age of 23- 32, you have fake boobs and you enjoy pole dancing? (woohoo)

Mel... you must be OOOOOONE HOT MAMA!!! You turn me on, lets turn it up and turn this room into a sauna.. cause youre one hot mama   SINGER    (hi there)   

Its a joke... couldnt resist
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:15:05 AM by Downthealley »

Offline rodeodelux

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2006, 09:04:26 AM »
When we went to the NBHA Youth world in Jackson, there were lots of teenagers riding around in the parking lot on thier horses in bikinis, some were laying out, havin water balloon fights, on their bikes, and just having fun. Swimsuits were everywhere. My husband, sister-n-law, and I even put swimsuits on to get in our blow up pool and have a margarita after a long week of camping in a parkin lot!

Offline b-racerbabe

• Novice Member
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2006, 09:39:32 AM »
I'm glad teens and youth are involved in the sport.  I think it's wonderful that families are doing this together.  I don't plan to start telling parents how to raise their kids.   I just think it's important to know when to draw a line and hopefully, parents are teaching their children this too.   If you don't ever draw a line - where will the stopping point be?   This barrel race willl be getting a lot of exposure.   I'm not wrong to take a stand about keeping barrel racing a respectable sport that's about hard work, good horses and cowgirls competiting.  I love good times - believe it or not  - too.   I think there are plenty of other things that could be done at this race that would have been just as much fun and "G" rated.   I'm going to repeat something I said earlier.  This event should be taking place late at night - not at 6:30.   I wouldn't have as much issue if it was happening later - when mostly adults are out and about.  Again, I love barrel racing - for the great sport it is.  I want to keep it the repsectable sport it has ALWAYS been.  Unfortunately, like most things in America, those lacking morals and values will find a way to bring it down.

This is my last comment on the subject... I have better things to do...   :later:

Offline Capt Jack

• Customer of Bob's Burgers n Fries Ranch.
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • Best lookin' Captain on the Seven Seas!
    • www.ginnysequinesupplements.com
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2006, 10:22:11 AM »
Isn't America great! ! !   We are not forced to enter a barrel race, we are not forced to enter a bikini race, or a hula contest and we are not forced to sit in the stands and watch those events.  If we, as parents, think our children should not see a bikini race we are not forced to make them watch.   So...what do we learn from all this rambling.  Go if you want too, dont go if you don't want to.  Simple.  I have finished redoing my stick race barrels so that Bobby can use them in Guthrie, take the kids to the Kiddy Corral.  But mostly...have fun.  Life is far, far to short to become uptight about something you can control.  Go...or...dont go.  But have fun.
Huggs from the Captain
See ya at the Performance Trailer, Xpress Trailer Group's Halloween Barrel Bash where we have a barrel of fun and a barrel race too.

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2006, 11:23:51 AM »
Its not more exploiting women in this case than it was exploiting men in the case I mentioned before of the guy roping in boxers at one of Bobby's ropings. Its entertainment. You don't agree so don't watch. Watching would only be supporting something you are obviously against. Its obvious that the majority of people agree that it will be nothing more than entertainment. Get over it. I seriously doubt Bobby is going to cancel this part of his finale.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2006, 11:58:56 AM »
Mel... you must be OOOOOONE HOT MAMA!!! You turn me on, lets turn it up and turn this room into a sauna.. cause youre one hot mama   SINGER    (hi there)   

Its a joke... couldnt resist

Well, I am. And we all know that until just recently, I was a tassle twirler.  BB)  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:02:20 PM by melaself »

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »
 /|\\ /|\\
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2006, 11:20:33 AM »
Something so simple has turned into a real bashing session....what happened to deleting the post?  You go Capt Jack!  Good answer!

I bet those entered will probably keep in mind that this is a FAMILY FUNCTION and keep things decent!!  I'm just jealous I don't have the nerve or the body to enter that!  Heck....$1300 jackpot?  Hmmmmmm

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTERED IN THE MAIN RACE AT GUTHRIE!!!
To be a champion inside the arena, be a champion outside the arena!  (Deb Mohon's words to me-1999)

I ride in hopes and prayers that Bess may walk again one day!

Offline b-racerbabe

• Novice Member
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2006, 12:41:14 PM »
<(' ')>Okay, okay.  I said I wouldn't post again, but here I am.  My apologies to all for my part in letting this discussion get out of line.  I really was intending that when i started this.  I honestly wanted to know what the general "feel" was about having the bikini race at the finals.   I understand this race is intended for fun.  I don't think all my views are wrong and out of line, but maybe I have been a little too harsh about the whole thing EMBARASSED.  Christie, I apolozie to you for the "boob and pole" statement.  :yes: That wasn't right for me to say....so I take it back!   <DUMMY ME>

I'm excited about going to Guthrie and I'm looking forward to all the fun, runs and prizes!   I'm protective of things I love...and that includes the sport of barrel racing.  I still have my opinion and concerns - but I'm going try to soften my thinking some.   I hope Mr. Bobby will be carefyk to keep his events respectable, family oriented and clean.  I trust he will. 

Good luck and safe travel to all that plan to attend the Guthrie race... (hi there)

Offline b-racerbabe

• Novice Member
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2006, 12:44:01 PM »
EMBARASSEDOoops!  Big mistake in my previous post.  I meant to say " I really WASN'T intending that when I started this post!....  Darn!

Karol

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2006, 09:56:48 AM »
I wish I could be there to see C J Chapman run...good luck C J!!! <ROCKON>