8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Devon Pierce needs our PRAYERS!!  (Read 6161 times)

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Devon Pierce needs our PRAYERS!!
« on: January 10, 2013, 01:25:30 AM »
I just found out that she is fighting the worst case of bacterial pneumonia the doctor has ever seen.  She is in critical condition.  I took this off another person's fb page:
Per Dena Driggers Milner, EVERYONE please pray for my sister Devon Guinn Pierce. She is not getting better and is in critical care still. Doctors are trying a final very strong antibiotic, along with lasix and other Meds to try and battle this. She cannot breath on her own and must wear an oxygen mask. They say she will need to start responding soon to this treatment, by Friday, or the prognosis is not good.
The nurse asked me this afternoon if I was a religious person and when I told her yes I am a believer she said that "miracles do happen, I have seen them in cases like this." So please everyone say a prayer for her, her husband, children, and grandchildren. I DO believe in the power of prayer and the strength in numbers.

Please all prayer warriors add Devon Guinn Pierce to your prayer list. The power of prayer is amazing & thank you in advance.

Many prayers for you Devon!!!  I love you!!!

Offline tuff.enough

• Dinosaur!
  • Go Big or Go Home
Re: Devon Pierce needs our PRAYERS!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:10:47 AM »
Prayers that Deven gets stronger & start getting better.... Then heads down the road to recovery!
Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:17:25 AM »
Prayers for Devon
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline tk4

• Extreme Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »
Prayers for Devon to get well fast!

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 09:15:40 AM »
Many hugs and prayers for Devon

Offline wars

• Wicked Witch Of the West
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • I'm a barrel racing mama!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 11:15:52 AM »
MANY HUGS & A WORLD FULL OF PRAYERS.  WARS ;) :)

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 05:47:04 PM »
Thank you all for your prayers!  PLEASE KEEP PRAYING for Devon!  I just received this update from her sister Dena Milner:

She had an X-ray this morning - no changes but not worse. They did a cat scan but won't get results until tomorrow. The good sign is that she is able to maintain 90% oxygen with her mask but once she takes it off it drops extremely fast. So I would say stable, not better and not worse.

Offline RunningOnPaints

• Mega Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 08:45:18 PM »
More prayers heading her way

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »
Here is the Thursday update per Devon's sister Dena. 

Thursday Update on Devon Guinn Pierce. This morning they took X-rays of her lung and there was no change. The good news is she is stable, not any worse then yesterday, and her oxygen is remaining above 90% with the mask - she can not function without the mask.
They did a cat scan that showed to be abnormal for basic bacterial pneumonia and the doctor says he is waiting on the tests (cultures) to come back. He said that he thinks they will come back negative, but has to wait to be sure, and if negative then they will have to put her under to take a biopsy of the lungs. This in itself poses a lot of risks and that is why he wants to be certain before he makes this decision. He says that he has a good idea she has a very "rare" pneumonia but he has to stay the course, he would not share with us what he thinks this rare pneumonia is. I think he used the word idiopathic but I am not certain and am more confused after looking it up.
SO....she still needs LOTS of PRAYERS!
Thank you to everyone for their kind words and prayers, she is now stable so I know they are working! Please keep it up!
My mom is here now which really helps. I read her all of the messages and texts and lifted her spirits. I took a picture of her to share with you - with her giving a thumb up - but my husband said it was not a good idea to share.
THANK YOU ALL!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 07:19:02 AM »
Wonderful news, our prayers continue.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 09:29:07 AM »
`Dear Lord, we give You praise for You are a mighty God!  Please touch Devon with Your healing hands. Eliminate this lung problem so that she can breath once again on her own.  Give her and her family faith and patience to let You do Your work.  Give the doctors knowledge that passes understanding so they know exactly what You want them to do.  Thank you Lord, for Your grace in this matter.  In Jesus' name, Amen!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 08:47:02 PM »
Please keep prayers going!  Latest update from Dena....

Thank you everyone for the prayers. This is going to be a long road I am afraid. Dr said that some cultures came back and it is not flu or some of the bacterial pneumonias but still waiting on a few more. They say that most likely they will have to take a biopsy of the lungs first part of next week which have a large number of risks.

Offline 186

• Novice Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 08:52:21 PM »
Prayers for Devon. Hope she gets better soon.

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 11:28:34 PM »
FRIDAY UPDATE from Dena:

Friday update on Devon Guinn Pierce: Lungs the same, she has a little more color though. This morning they lowered her oxygen mask to 80% and she crashed so this afternoon they gave her some breathing treatments and then lowered the oxygen and she stayed stable, which is great! They are going to do this again tomorrow and see if they can lower it some more. A few of the cultures came back negative so no answers yet. They are trying to get her lungs more independent so they can do the biopsy early next week...I am not so convinced this biopsy is the way to go but waiting to get more information and probably a second opinion. They did another X-ray and I assuming no change because they didn't report it showed progress. She is on 12 Meds including 3 antibiotics every 4 hours, two cough Meds every 6 hours, fever reducer, pain killer, two breathing treatment Meds, lasix, etc. plus the massive amounts of potassium they pump in her IV all day...told her today that I am keeping an eye on her feet checking for founder!
Please keep up the prayers, they are helping!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 08:12:41 AM »
Founder oh that is tooooo funny!   I bet Devon like to have fell out of bed at that one.  But laughing would have been good for her, make her lungs get rid of that crudd!