Online Entries are Open
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open
May 1st-22nd

RULES
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are OPEN
Printable Entry Form

Author Topic: D & G in Hamilton  (Read 4533 times)

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
D & G in Hamilton
« on: August 20, 2013, 01:19:37 PM »
Talked to Melody at Circle T this morning and there will be a band on Saturday night.  Yea, get out your dancing shoes and come on down.
Cathy Cahill

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Re: D & G in Hamilton
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »
uh oh Cathy is going to be partying  :D
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 06:29:06 PM »
I'm going to Hamilton on Saturday to run and practice so I can do well at the D&G 8)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 08:51:43 PM »
You taking Carl?   :D
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 07:36:24 AM »
You taking Carl?   :D

Yeah, the only way he can get any rest is to go out of town with me so that if they call him from work he can tell them he's not available and they'll have to do it themselves or wait. He hasn't EVER taken vacation time when they didn't call him with a "My porridge is too hot, my porridge is too cold" issue.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 01:18:59 PM »
 :D :D :D :D :D  And he cant resist the "call to aid" if he is at home. 

Offline doc o lena bar

• Mega Member
  • Know God No Fear
    • Oxygen
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 03:58:51 PM »
I don't get to excited about them having a band, because it gets pretty loud for the horses that are stalled in the arena.  They had a band on Thursday night when I was there in May and it was so loud that you could just see how it was bother the horses that were stalled down there.  They finally shut down around 2 am and boy I felt bad for Harley having to put up with that. 

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »
:D :D :D :D :D  And he cant resist the "call to aid" if he is at home. 

Yeah they know that he's only just right down the road and he gets to feeling guilty. LOL

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 04:59:37 PM »
I don't get to excited about them having a band, because it gets pretty loud for the horses that are stalled in the arena.  They had a band on Thursday night when I was there in May and it was so loud that you could just see how it was bother the horses that were stalled down there.  They finally shut down around 2 am and boy I felt bad for Harley having to put up with that. 
Are you sure Harley wasnt partying too?   :D

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 05:23:42 PM »

I can see where that would be a problem for some. Sadie used to have a problem with the music at the WBR races in the holding areas because it was so loud. Can't imagine what she would do if she had to deal with it for several hours.

Offline swiftstraw

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 08:43:25 PM »
I have a stereo in my barn, and the only thing worse than cleaning stalls is cleaning stalls without the music!  My horses are used to it.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 07:13:25 AM »
It's not the music itself it's the actual noise level. And Sadie only reacted at the WBR in Waco if I remember correctly. There was a speaker back behind the entry to the arena where you went into the holding pen and the music was so loud it hurt her ears. She stood there and was constantly shaking her head because of it. I was advised to use ear plugs on her the next time I brought her.

Offline doc o lena bar

• Mega Member
  • Know God No Fear
    • Oxygen
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 08:20:40 AM »
I have a stereo in my barn, and the only thing worse than cleaning stalls is cleaning stalls without the music!  My horses are used to it.
Well I keep a radio going all the time in my barn too and its not the music or noise that bothers her, but the level its played at.  At Hamilton when they have a band playing its loud!!!!!! all through the arena, so loud that even over in the stall areas you have to step outside to talk.  Lets put it this way, I was parked in the RV straight out across the parking lot from the arena against the trees and could hear the music in my trailer with the TV on and the AC going full blast.  So Harley doesn't mind a radio going, its the level its played at.  At abilene this past year the speakers out back were so loud point right at her pen that I had to get them turned down because it was blowing everyone out and Harley would pen her ears and start kicking everytime the announcer would come on. Also, when the music is that loud horses don't rest good.

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 07:49:49 PM »
She said they added stalls in the arena area, I think she said there  are 70 stalls down there now and that they are adding stalls in the barn on the hill.  I can see how that would be really loud.  Since there is a big barrel race there that weekend maybe they will change their minds.  She said there is also Karaoke on Friday. 
Cathy Cahill

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 07:45:02 AM »
I went to the race at Hamilton yesterday and there is no longer a warmup space in the barn area. It has been filled with stalls. I didn't go up on top of the hill where the outside warm up arena was. But it has been covered and should be a nice place to warm up. I don't know if you can hear what's going on in the main arena from there though.