Online Entries Sept 2-Sept 13
Event Info Click Here

Flyer

Online Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Printable Entry Form

Vendor Applications
Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Steve Fiebig dies from a Heart Attack  (Read 5230 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Steve Fiebig dies from a Heart Attack
« on: April 20, 2005, 04:11:22 PM »
06/29/03

For Immediate Release: by - Kathy Thornton of Barrel Racer News

I don’t know if the ANHA event will ever be the same without Steve Fiebig. We lost our dear friend Sunday, June 29, 2003 at around 11am. Steve was pulling away from his driveway in Pflugerville with friends Shawn and Lisa on their way to a team roping in Johnson City when he died of a heart attack. Shawn Shiller tried to revive him and medics were there within minutes but were unable to save Steve. He was only 37 years old. Steve had a pace maker implanted two years ago and was under a doctor’s supervision.

He was always Fiebig to me because my husband’s name is Steve and that was just too confusing with two Steves. Fiebig became the voice of ANHA ten years ago. Fiebig kept a fast paced barrel race while keeping everyone entertained with his unfailing humor. I don’t know that I ever saw Steve Fiebig in a bad mood. Just last year he sounded the buzzer and called out a score of 78 for a wild barrel ride. He took care of everyone, keeping us fed and computers functioning, and just generally keeping a bunch of women under control and happy. Our annual event turned into a wonderful reunion of friends. I always said that if my office crew ever quit, I couldn’t have the event.

I’m so glad I saw Fiebig at the Elgin rodeo this past Saturday night where he was entered in the team roping. We talked about our upcoming event in Waco the end of September and were looking forward to spending time with Laura Ann Angell and Mary Etta Cochran as well as our ground crew Matthew and Sally Tabor and Larry Davies. Fiebig’s place can never be filled. We’ll miss him so much.

Services will be held at 10am Wednesday, July 2 at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Manor, Texas. Steve Fiebig’s parents Alice and Erskin have two older sons and grand children.

Laura Ann Angell and I are coordinating a Steve Fiebig Memorial ANHA Barrel Racing Scholarship to be awarded in Waco, September 28, 2003 to a deserving high school graduate. More details will follow. Contributions can be made to the:
Steve Fiebig Memorial ANHA Barrel Racing Scholarship
P.O. Box 309
Rockdale, TX 76567-0309
or by credit card @ 512/446-5588.
(Contributors will be listed on the internet and at the ANHA ShootOut in September.)

Kathy Thornton
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling