Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Tues Prior
8am-6pm

Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are OPEN
Printable EF
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Who's Expecting???  (Read 35551 times)

Offline kimberly

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Who's Expecting???
« Reply #270 on: April 27, 2009, 07:45:35 AM »
Two weeks till my C-section!  I think I have everything ready to go and I'm getting nervous.  My two year old daughter is getting really "mommy crazy".  I think she's starting to know something is going on.  Now I'm just trying to stay busy so that I don't think of the surgery.  Thank goodness I'm working the next two weeks till I have her. 

Offline turnandburn

• Veteran Member
  • My 3 boys!!!!!
« Reply #271 on: April 27, 2009, 08:00:33 AM »
Congrats Ladies!! i only have one baby and she will be 22 in July..

and whats up with all the c-sections? Doesnt anyone do it the old fashion way anymore?  :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

I had all 3 of mine old fashion...but with meds:)  Labor was short and easy...with the 1st, was in the hospital at 12 noon and had him at 7:35 pm..the 2nd in the hospital at 6:30 am and had him at 2:35 pm....YALL WILL LOVE THIS....the 3rd, in the hospital at 10:45 am and had him at 2:37 pm...THAT'S NOT EVEN 4 HOURS OF LABOR...I am getting my tubes tied AND my husband is getting fixed.  My pregnancy and labors are toooo easy.  NO MORE...

I am 29 (in May)  was 19 with my 1st and 24 with my 2nd.  Done before 30:)

I competed until I was 5 months and pleasure rode until I was 7.  My mare totally took care of me.  I think she knew!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL!!!!!! 

I will admit it is hard to get back to riding with a new born, but it does get easier and they do get older.  In a way, I am glad that my mare is down right now with her injury (I am sorry she is hurt).  It gives me time to enjoy being a mom and not have to worry about hitting the next barrel race or getting out to practice.  I feed, groom, clean stalls and tuck them in at night--that's it. I will have to say that I enjoy getting out for that short time to spend with the horses.....kind of a stress relief!!  Being that I have 3 boys, if any of you new moms need any advice or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask...i will do my best to help!
Bethany

Offline stdtra14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #272 on: April 27, 2009, 08:59:35 AM »
Kimberly,

That's good that you can keep working right up to the end. I plan on working till the Thursday prior to my c-section that is scheduled on a Monday. I wanted to have 3 days off just to get as much done at the house as I could prior to new baby. You know, getting all the last bit of clothes washed, etc. so that i don't have to worry about that as much when I come home. This is my 2nd child (girl also) and having something to do seems to help. I would go stir crazy if I were just at home for too long before and all I was doing was watching the clock.

On the first one (we didn't know we were going to have to have a c-section) and I remember just waiting on the due date and trying to analyze every little twinge wondering if it was "that time" yet. Now that I have an exact date and time - I actually think I am a little more nervous. 56 days, 3 hours, and 24 minutes....but who's counting, right?
See you at the Race! God Bless.

Offline kimberly

• Veteran Member
« Reply #273 on: April 27, 2009, 09:05:33 AM »
Lol, my husband was working all weekend and I was home with my daughter.  I almost went nuts!  I did some cleaning out of her room, did laundry, did dishes, put the base for the baby carrier in my car and packed my bag as much as possible.  I couldn't stay home either.  We have to use our sick/vacation/family time when we are off after having the baby where I work and I want to be off till the end of July so I'm saving as much time as I can.  I work 10 hour days when I'm off for a day with a dr appt (I live over a hour from where I work so if the appt is in the morning, it's not worth driving into work afterwards). 
I found out two weeks before my first was due that I was having a C-section because she was breeched.  I'd never had surgery so it scared me to death.  I'm not good with needles!  Now I'm just not trying to get nervous about surgery again.  My friends say I'm spoiled because I've never had a contraction or anything.  This time it is different though because this one is head down and I can feel the pressure and everything so far. 

Offline stdtra14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #274 on: April 27, 2009, 09:16:47 AM »
I'm the same way with needles - even though I donate blood on a regular basis... :o  I never even had an IV until I went into labor with my first. It wasn't good - don't know if she just used too large a needle or what, but it was nothing like giving blood. I protected my arm like it was made of gold! They wanted to remove it on the day I was supposed to be discharged, (a couple of hours prior) and I told them no way until I had my discharge papers and the wheelchair was ready to take me to the car. I said because if there is any type of mistake, they were not putting another IV in my arm!

I still think I'm more freaked out about that than the surgery. Once I get past that point, I can worry about the rest. lol

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #275 on: April 27, 2009, 04:54:05 PM »
Sounds like everybody is doing good :) I love reading yalls updates! I don't have much to report on, everything is just rocking right along. I've learned I have to pace myself & take more sit-down breaks. Cleaning house is more one-room-a-day instead of trying to attack the whole house at once.

Prayers for all the babies ;) kisses from Aunt Whit!!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline stdtra14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2009, 03:10:26 PM »
Had another Dr. appointment today. Lost 3 pounds! Woo Hoo! Except, I don't think that is quite accurate. Two weeks ago at the last apointment, I had my jeans on, just had lunch, and was unable to go to the bathroom first. But hey, at least I'm still not gaining....

I am 5 days into my 31st week, but she says that I am still measuring for 30. The doctor had to go and deliver a baby, so I didn't get to see her. Also, since I'm having some swelling in my ankles and more frequent back pain - she is going to have the doctor review my chart when she gets back just as a precaution. (both the doctor and the Nurse Practitioner were out of the office).

55 days and slowly counting down....

Hope everyone else is feeling fine and stress free.

Offline CodyH

• Veteran Member
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2009, 06:12:47 PM »
Everything is rocking right along here!!  A month from Tomorrow, and Emilee will be here!!  This pregnacy has flown by for sure.  We went to the doctor Monday and everything looked great!  I had lost 2 pounds, so that put my total weight gain at 18 pounds.  So thats a little less than what I gained at 34 weeks with my first.  It getting closer for sure.

As far as the c-sections................for me thats the only way!!  LOL  I was given the choice and I opted for the c-section.  My doctors gave me a 50-50 chance to have Jaycee with prolly 20 + hours of labor, or have a c-section.  So thats the route we took!  And with no regrets!!  I just don't think labor is for me!!  LOL  Little did we know (until after first c-section) my pelvic bones are inverted, so............I would have never had her natural anyways!!  Thats my story!!  LOL
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0"  />[/url

Offline kimberly

• Veteran Member
« Reply #278 on: April 29, 2009, 08:22:05 AM »
Okay, I have a week and a half left and I'm glaring at ya'll that have lost weight.  :)  I gained a pound this week.  My dr said that my weight is great so I'm not too worried though.  I have one more sono & appt next week.  Yeah!  I'm getting tired a lot easier though and a lot of pressure but I should make it to my C-section date.  I'm sooooo ready for her to be here! 

Offline stdtra14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #279 on: April 29, 2009, 08:33:40 AM »
Kimberly,

Hang in there. If it makes you feel better, just remember - you are still so much closer than me and CodyH to delivering and  seeing your bundle of joy. We still have to wait  1 - 2 months to see ours. By the time my c-section comes around, you're weight will be falling off, and mine will probably be at its peak. Also, you will be just about ready to start riding again, whereas we will still be suffering with recovering. LOL

Offline kimberly

• Veteran Member
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2009, 08:50:44 AM »
Lol, true!  I need to get a horse again though.  I'm jealous of everyone on here that has one.  I'm trying to get my 2 yr old to be horse crazy so that I have an ally in getting another horse. 
I've gained a lot less weight this time so I'm hoping that it comes off a bit easier.  I'm taking off till the end of July and I'll be trying to stay active the whole time to help the weight come off.  My hubby is a workout freak so I'm sure he will be all for helping me out.   ;D

Offline stdtra14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #281 on: May 01, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »
bump...

How has Jaci and Mike managed their first week as parents? Hopefully all is going well and Jayleigh is settling in.

Offline stdtra14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #282 on: May 05, 2009, 07:19:37 AM »
bump

Offline kimberly

• Veteran Member
« Reply #283 on: May 05, 2009, 07:42:06 AM »
Today is my last appt before my C-section.  Yeah!  I have to take my 2 yr old with me since her daycare was closed due to swine flu outbreaks in the area so that will be fun when I'm getting my sono.  Hope everyone else is doing great! 

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #284 on: May 06, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »
kimberly - how are you?

We had a checkup this morning. Everything is right on track. We go back in 3 weeks for the glucose test, then we pick up going to see our Dr every two weeks. Time is flying!! We went last week & registered at a couple of places. It's amazing how much stuff is out there! Crezzy :)

Hugs to The eb Mommy club! Y'all check in.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau