RULES
Draw and Live Results
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Tues
MAY 28 8am-6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are OPEN
Printable Entry Form

Author Topic: DASH FOR THE NEW YEAR CASH BARREL RACE COMPLETE RULES  (Read 5759 times)

Offline CarissaBryant

• Extreme Member
DASH FOR THE NEW YEAR CASH BARREL RACE COMPLETE RULES
« on: December 18, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »
DASH FOR THE NEW YEAR CASH BARREL RACE COMPLETE RULES

1.   Payback: Open 5D (1/2 second splits) Format, 100% $2,500 added money + 80% of entry fee.  Fees will be divided 1D – 30%, 2D – 25%, 3D – 20%, 4D – 15%, 5D – 10%.  Number of monies paid per D will be determined by total number of entries.   Incentives will be on a 4D format, 80% payback divided  equally per D and 1/2, 1/2 , 1  second splits.
2.   5 Trophy buckles will be awarded to 1st place in each D.
3.   Format: This race will be one race run over 2 days.  You may enter the same horse/rider combination up to 2 times (once each day).  If you enter the same horse/rider combination you may win money on both runs but may only win 1 buckle.  For example if same horse/rider combination wins the 1D and 2D from their 2 runs the buckle on the slower D will pass to the 2nd place winner in that D.  D splits will be ½ second.     
4.   Entry Information:  The entry fee for the $2,500 added race is $55 per run.  Entry fee for the optional Youth (18 & under), Adult (19-49)  and Senior (50+) Incentives is $20 per incentive and time will carryover from the main race.  The same horse/rider combination may also enter the incentive class up to 2 times.   Incentive ages are as of 12/29/12.  Entries section preference choices will be honored on first entered.  If you are hauling together or need to work around other obligations please attach a request and we will do our best to accommodate your request. 
a.   Office charge – one time office charge per person of $15.
b.   Changes – You may substitute a horse in this race with a $5 change fee and must be done at least 1 hour before your run.  You may also substitute a rider on the same ENTERED horse for a $5 fee and must be done 1 hour prior to your run.  If new rider is not previously entered they will be subject to the $15 office charge as well.  RIDING HORSE OTHER THAN ONE ENTERED IN DRAW POSITION ARE GROUNDS FOR  DISQUALIFICATION.   
c.   Vet Out/Med Out/Draw Out – A full refund will be granted to all contestants regardless of reason less a $25 service charge.  Draw out must be received no later than 11:59pm Monday December 24.  No refunds will be given for any reason after that date.  Refunds will be mailed by January 5th to allow for all checks to clear.
d.   Draw – Pre entries will be drawn by chips and ever effort will be made to allow approximately 1 hour between multiple horses.  If you require  more or less time please request with your entry.   If you are traveling with someone and would like to be drawn close together please add request to your entry and we will make every effort to accommodate your request.   Late entries will be drawn in the next available hole.  If you enter late with multiple horses we will make every effort to allow as much space between runs as possible.  If you need more time please keep that in mind and try to enter as soon as possible to allow for the most flexibility.   Keep in mind toward the end of the race your run may move up if all holes between your runs may not fill in.
5.   Checks and Awards will be presented immediately following the race.  Any checks not claimed at the race will be mailed to the address on the entry form so please make sure information is correct and complete on your entry.  Winners of awards not picked up at race will be notified and will be mailed to the contestant at their expense.  After 30 days, any awards not claimed will be forfeited.  If you want someone to pick up your money or award you must give a signed form authorizing that person to claim your money and/or award.
6.   Dress Code – there will be a dress code including hat, shirt with raised collar, boots with a heel including heels down boots.  Hat must remain on head when contestant enters arena and must remain on head until they exit arena to avoid a $10 hat fine.  Hats lost in alley before entering arena will be disqualified.
7.   Horses entering arena – Only one horse/rider may be in the arena at any time.  A contestant may have someone assist them into the alley only.   Every effort will be given to allow a horse to enter the arena but if the horse continues to refuse entry, the arena judge may at his discretion impose a 1 minute time limit and after that time the rider will be disqualified.  A horse must continue forward motion once they have crossed the plane of the alley into the arena.
8.   Returned checks – There will be a $30 service charge on all returned checks from the bank for any reason.  Checks must be replaced by cashiers check, money order or credit card within 30 days from the date the check was dated.  Diamond W will pursue legal remedies to collect on all returned checks.
9.   Horses must be stalled  overnight.  Horses left unstalled overnight may be impounded and a $25 fee will be assessed to release the horse.
10.   Stalls – Stalls are available for $20/day with 1 bag of shavings required at $9.  Check out time in 1pm.  No outside shavings allowed.
11.   RV spaces are available for $25/day.  Check out time is 1pm.  30 and 50 amp service is available. 
12.   Dogs – Diamond W allows dogs but asks that they be on a leash and please clean up after your dog so others don’t have to step in it.
13.   NO TIMES -  will be assessed for the following:
a.   If  the contestant stops forward motion or circles the horse in the arena after breaking the plane of the alley.
b.   If the contestant misses the barrel pattern or stops forward motion.
c.   If the contestant runs out of turn.  It is the responsibility of the rider to know their draw position.
d.   If a contestant knocks over a barrel.  If the barrel is knocked down and sets itself back up, this is a no time.  Touching a barrel, including keeping it from falling is allowed without a penalty.
e.   If the contestant’s horse or rider falls during the run in such a manner to break the pattern will be assessed a no time
f.   If the contestant fails to be able to get his horse into the arena after, at the discretion of the arena judge, 60 seconds they will be given a no time.

14.   Re-run – A re-run will be granted if the official and backup timer both fail to work properly, unless a no time for any of the reasons listed in 13 above has occurred.  If the barrels are not placed properly on their markers, a re-run shall be granted without any penalties being applied.
15.   Ties – If there is a tie between contestants  money will be split equally and a roll of the dice will  determine who will receive awards.
16.   Negative Coggins Required – Please be prepared to show as the State is cracking down on this. 
17.    Photos and videos – All horses may be photographed and videoed.  Any photos and videos are the sole property of Diamond W Arena and the photographers.  If a contestant wishes not to be photographed, it is their responsibility to make arrangements with the photographer.
18.   Postponement of Event –  Diamond W Arena reserves the right to  postpone or cancel any barrel race due to natural or man made disasters.  In the unlikely event that this might occur, all monies will be refunded.
19.   CHECK /CASH/CREDIT CARDS accepted at race.  Entries taken until last 25 runners in each session
20.   Rules – Diamond W Arena reserves the right to modify or add to any of the above rules if necessary and will be the final  decision in the event of any dispute.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: DASH FOR THE NEW YEAR CASH BARREL RACE COMPLETE RULES
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »
When do you expect to post the draw?

Offline CarissaBryant

• Extreme Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 12:23:43 PM »

Sorry Mel, just saw this. It is posted. There's a couple people that I missed but that won't mess up what's posted..... :) This is my first time, I tried my hardest to do it w/o mistakes, but darn it I messed that up :(((((

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 12:46:16 PM »
Thanks! 8)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »
I emailed it to all Equivent entries earlier today.  Did you not get yours Mel? 
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 07:48:06 PM »
I emailed it to all Equivent entries earlier today.  Did you not get yours Mel? 

Yes, I did get it. Thanks!

Offline swiftstraw

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
Just bumping this up so all of you will see there's a dress code tomorrow!  Read it carefully.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 07:42:57 AM »
Just bumping this up so all of you will see there's a dress code tomorrow!  Read it carefully.

So, how are they going to be able to tell with all the clothes we're going to have to wear to stay warm?

I'm cold. And I'm considering wearing another pair of long underwear on the outside of my clothes too.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 07:59:06 AM »
Okay Im definitely bringing my camera!
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline swiftstraw

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 08:38:18 AM »
Ah, toughen up.  I just hooked up my trailer in my Razorback PJs.  Ha!  Ha!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 08:46:43 AM »
Brrrrr I just went and fed and we have a fairly heavy frost here

Offline ALM

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »
Is it over yet today? Would u mind posting current results from today once it's over?

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 05:14:41 PM »
I'm sure Marietta will post the results as soon as they are finished. Just read on Facebook that Lee Ann Rust and Harley ran a 15.494. That could be the winner.

Offline swiftstraw

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 05:21:35 PM »
Wow!  My 17.048 was a bit too slow:(

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 05:37:37 PM »
Well poohy!