Flyer
Event Info Click Here

Flyer

Online Entry Form
Printable EF
Event Info Click Here

Online Entry Form
PRINTABLE ENTRY FORM

Author Topic: Contact info to STOP Premises and Identification Program & Petition to Printout  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Ok, here it is.  Fax, call, email do whatever, just make sure you do something.  Lets drown them in calls, faxes, emails everything!!!!!!!  :)/\\     Tell them up front, you are a livestock owner and you OPPOSE THE PREMISES IDENTIFICATION PROGRAM and you want them to forgo adoption of these regulations and the bill repealed.

Office of the Governor - Rick Perry
P.O. Box 12428
Austin, Texas 78711
(512) 463-2000
Fax: (512) 463-1849
email -  http://www.governor.state.tx.us/contact

Susan Combs - Texas Dept of Agriculture
Phone:  (512) 463-7476
Nationwide Toll Free Phone:  (800) TELL-TDA (800-835-5832)
Fax:  (888) 223-8861

Susan Combs Tx Dept of Agriculture
P.O. Box 12847
Austin, TX 78711

Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC)  Commissioners

Richard Traylor – Chairman and Representative of the Livestock Market Industry
HC 01, Box 39
Carrizo Springs, TX 78834
(830) 374 – 3322 Work
(830) 374 – 5900 Home
(830) 374 – 2676 Fax
(210) 415 – 5276 cell
[email protected]

Jill Bryar Wood – Representative of the Exotic Livestock and Fowl Industry
500 Deer Lake Road
Wimberley, TX 78676
(512) 847 – 3205 Home
(512) 847 – 3963 Fax
(512) 970 – 4366 Cell
[email protected]

William F. Edmiston, Jr., D.V.M. – Representative of the Sheep and Goat Industry
P.O. Box 519
El Dorado, TX 76936
(325) 853 – 2572 Work
(325) 853 – 3383 Home
(325) 532 – 3656 Fax
(325) 277 – 8319 Cell
[email protected]

Charles E. Real – Representative of the Swine Industry
15492 Real Rock Road
Marion, TX 78124
(830) 914 – 2833 Work and Home
(830) 914 – 3437 Fax
[email protected]

Coleman Hudgins Locke – Representative of the Beef Cattle Industry
Box 228
Hungerford, TX 77448
(979) 532 – 1352 Work
(979) 532 – 3656 Home
(979) 532 – 3656 Fax
[email protected]

Rita Baca – Representative of the General Public
6420 Escondido, Suite 3
El Paso, TX 79912
(915) 585 – 9609 Work
(915) 845 – 5220 Home
(915) 496 – 6772 Fax
(915) 525 0 0156 Cell
[email protected]

Ron Davenport – Representative of the Feedlot Industry
902 Summitt
Friona, TX 79035
(806) 265 – 3282 Work
(806) 250 – 3413 Home
(806) 250 – 5134 Fax
(806) 265 – 7498 Cell
[email protected]

Jerry Windham – Representative of the Equine Industry
2000 Windham Ranch Rd.
College Station, TX 77845
(979) 690 – 1460 Work
(979) 690 – 1390 Home
(979) 690 – 0977 Fax
[email protected]

Ralph Simmons – Representative of the Poultry Industry
P.O. Box 731
Center, TX 75935
(936) 560 – 3901 Work
(936) 254 – 2366 Home
(936) 560 – 2695 Fax
[email protected]

Reta K. Dyess – Representative for Dairy Industry
Route 1 Box 302
Jacksonville, TX 75766
(903) 683-4630 Work
(903) 780-5670 Home
(903) 683-5355 Fax
[email protected]

Rogelio (Roy) Martinez – Representative for the General Public
1305 Fullerton Ave.
McAllen, TX 78504
(956) 994-8852 Work
(956) 687-2901 Home
(866) 264-7244 Fax
[email protected]

Romulo Rangel, Jr., D.V.M. – Representative for Veterinary Profession
25446 FM 3195
Harligen, TX 78522 Work
2005 Acadia
Harlingen, TX 78522 Home
(956) 423-3322 Work
(956) 421-3528 Home
(956) 423-3887 Fax
[email protected] or [email protected]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 10:44:40 AM by Tamet Gould »
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
Re: Contact info to STOP PREMISES AND INDENTIFICATION PROGRAM
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 03:23:59 PM »
This will take everyone directly to Gov. Perry's e-mail. Below is what I wrote if anyone wants to copy and paste it when they e-mail him you are welcome to it. This is brief, to the point and will help Rep. Bryan Hughes get his repeal bill heard in the upcoming special session that he is about to file. The more people that e-mail Gov. Perry at this time about this matter, the better our chances of it being heard in the next special session before June 1.  Please pass this on to everyone on your e-mail list!

www.governor.state.tx.us/contact/#contactinfo

My family and I oppose Texas HB1361 and request Gov. Perry to allow the  "call" for any repeal bill to be heard during the next upcoming Texas legislative special session. Thank you.
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 03:29:04 PM »
Thanks Pam I just copied yours and put my name on it
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 05:17:17 PM »
Well I couldnt get the darn email to work so I just faxed him  <..>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline GamblinMan

• Extreme Member
  • JRo & "Padre" A.K.A. JericoGamblinMan
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 03:15:16 AM »
Thanks... I emailed the Gov., Prez Bush, and to all the commishes I emailed this :

STOP PREMISES AND INDENTIFICATION PROGRAM 

My family and I oppose Tx HB1361. We are small-scale land, cattle, swine, poultry and horse owners. We are involved in 4-H and rodeos, among other things.  We feel that this program will be a heavy burden for the "little man".  Please hear our voices and work to repeal it.

Jennifer Rogers
(my addy)

Don't know if it really sounds all that great or convincing, but hopefully it'll help.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 07:06:31 AM »
You go girl, I just hope that several thousand other do just what you did.   >PEACE<

Offline jropergirl

• I'm 10 miles from my mailbox, 45 miles from the closest town in nowhere SD. Life rocks!
  • Mega Member
  • Lord, give me wings and let me fly!
    • The South Dakota Cowgirl
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 10:57:01 AM »
here is a great website-

http://nonais.org/index.php/about/
www.ducheneaux.com- ranch raised quarter horses
www.streakiniron.com- barrel horses
http://thesouthdakotacowgirl.com See photos and learn stuff about the ranch!

Offline jropergirl

• I'm 10 miles from my mailbox, 45 miles from the closest town in nowhere SD. Life rocks!
  • Mega Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 11:11:20 AM »
i sent this to the above list:

The proposed National Animal Id Act (NAIS) through the USDA will absolutely bring the downfall of local rodeos, equestrian events and even small farms and ranches.  The proposed Animal ID act will require ALL livestock animal movements to be tracked.  Can you imagine the logistical nightmare of trying to scan a microchip in every single steer, calf, bull and horse participating at a rodeo?  Then reporting every single animal to the USDA with in 48 hours of the event?  Plus the owners of the animals will have to pay a fee to turn in such a report. For example if a livestock contractor owns 30 head of cattle at the rodeo, he will have to file 30 individual reports twice. One report would be for the animals leaving his ranch and arriving at the event and an additional report for the animal leaving the event and returning to his ranch. That would be 60 total reports and a filing fee for each individual report. If that fee was just a dollar that livestock contractor would be out an additional $60.00 from his operating cost, however that fee is proposed to be even higher than $1.00.
The impact of the NAIS on the local rural farmers would be even greater.  I personally own several horses that I ride at home, across the street and in competitions (in and out of Texas).  NAIS will effectively cost me the freedom to take my horses where I please.  It would curtail my traveling across the state, or out of the state, to enter competitive events.  This issue not only affects me, but my friends, my neighbors, my family and every other livestock owner in the entire state.  I would be required to report every single time my horse leaves my property and every animal it comes in contact with off my property then again when the horse comes back on my farm.  Who made that YOUR BUSINESS?????  Can you imagine the impact this would have on the State Fair livestock shows?  Every single animal at the State Fair would have to be tracked.  Every single 4-H and FFA member would have to file a report every time they took an animal to a show.  Every single Racehorse owner would have to report their horses on a DAILY basis while the horses are stabled at one of the States racetracks with all the other horses.  Every single feed-store owner that sells chicks or rabbits would have to report every chick they bought or sold.  Shall I continue?  I think I need not.  The point has been made. 
I am asking that the State forgo the regulations, stand up for us, the citizens of Texas, and tell the US government to find another way; a different way.  I would like your support to repeal the bills and regulations that started this whole mess of insanity and infringement on my liberty.  To quote the great Benjamin Franklin, “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
I have and will continue to voice my concerns on this issue to all that are responsible for this blatant infringement on my rights as a US Citizen.
Thank you,

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 07:40:41 PM »
AMEN!!!!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 10:42:03 AM »
I am merging a couple of these posts so here is the petition info.

Ok here it is.  This is the petition we need signed and returned.  We need them back in our hands for the meeting in May (unless they decide to change the date again!).  I know this is a SHORT time period, but hey, if anyone can do it, it is the barrel racers that can!!!   

Print this doc out and take it to your local feed stores, 4 H clubs, anyplace you can think of that will support it and get the signatures we need and get them back to me.  I must have them for the meeting on May the 4th (now, guess it is always subject to change).  Also write your reps, the Gov and call your local radio stations and write the editors at your local newspapers and get this done. 

We are going to have to overwhelm them in Austin, so lets tighten up the girth head for the alleyway and kick some rear 

http://www.ebarrelracing.com/stoppremisesiden_program.pdf , it is a pdf doc about 10 pages long.  Print out as many copies as you think you can file up. 

LETS GET UR DONE   8)

Offline Donk

• Fossil
I printed out the petition and am taking it to the team roping that we are a vendor at this weekend.  I am going to try to get them to do an announcement about what is going on with the premise ID and get signatures.  I also plan to email or write to the folks you listed above.
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline jropergirl

• Mega Member
This was on the Dirt Doctor Site- those of you in Texas need to call/fax/email and otherwise bombard the idiot senator Cornyn....I'v got calls into my House Rep and will be making one to Kay Bailey's office as well.

NAIS Response Letter
To Tony.Manasseri
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 8:47 AM
Subject: Thank You For Contacting My Office

Dear Mr. Manassri:

Thank you for contacting me about federal animal identification. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has proposed the creation of an animal identification system that would register individual livestock and the premises where they are located as a means to track animal movement and ensure herd health. Tracing the movements of diseased animals and other animals with which they may come into contact would allow authorities to detect and contain disease outbreaks before they have a chance to spread. The USDA envisions a program that will allow the trace-back of animals from birth to slaughter within forty-eight hours.

I support the creation of a comprehensive animal identification program as a scientific means to ensure a safe and plentiful food supply. Although I am not a member of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry, I understand the needs of Texas farmers and ranchers. Thus, you may be certain that I will continue working with my congressional colleagues to monitor this issue while promoting minimal government intrusion.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

Offline Breezie

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Thank you for making this simple to respond to.  I also sent a letter to Gov Perry, Susan Combs, and to Jerry Windham.  Here is the copy of my letter and again, if anyone wants to copy and paste it, go right ahead.  I hope they hear us, and we're not just... :!

Breezie

Here's the letter:

Dear_____________:

I am a livestock owner and registered voter in the State of Texas.  I OPPOSE THE PREMISES IDENTIFICATION PROGRAM.  I strongly urge you to do what you can to see that we forgo the adoption of these regulations and the repeal this bill.  I feel this bill is a meaningless waste of taxpayer money and an invasion of our privacy.  

Sincerely,

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
 :()& :()& :()&

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
I am putting a link to an awesome letter put out by Ms McGeary, perfect for those of you who dont know exactly what you should say in your letters to our Texas Gov officials.

http://www.ebarrelracing.com/tahcFlyer_with_sample_letters.pdf