Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Tues 8am-6pm
Event Info Click Here

Flyer

Online Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are OPEN
Printable Entry Form

Author Topic: Extreme Barrel Races  (Read 4975 times)

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Extreme Barrel Races
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 12:35:03 PM »
i'd love to go and run somewhere new but even the smaller jackpots around here that have  100 or 125 riders pay at least 5 places..so if the payoff is a bit smaller at least more people are able to win and if more holes are paid maybe turn out will be better..
can't wait till May!!!

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 02:15:51 PM »
We are trying to keep the money at the high payback level, so the 5 deep with only 500 racers will help accompolish this.  if we pay 10 deep the jackpots will be a smaller payout.  we would like to fill it with 1400 racers so the 10 deep can be paid out. 

If you pay my fees I will enter!  rofl
Stefanie Medland

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 02:20:51 PM »
I agree with debhorses.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline Capt Jack

• Customer of Bob's Burgers n Fries Ranch.
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • Best lookin' Captain on the Seven Seas!
    • www.ginnysequinesupplements.com
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 02:24:28 PM »
Yep, Gamblinman.  I will shout at you (if you will pm me your phone number) when we get the trailer back from Wacko and head for Bobbys at Tunica so we can transfer barrels and which ever place is closest to you is where we will meet.  I have found three that will serve you well, I think one is from Jurassic last year and the others are from the Magnolia Classic.  Oh well, horses can't read. I will also keep my eye out for those that return in damaged condition. :-*
Oh, we will be at the Bluebonnet so see you all there or, if you can not make it, I will have a ....capt jack live from...going.  My sweet friend Michele Epps will be the computer gal so I will get updates asap from her. :-*

Offline fastforward

• Novice Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2006, 08:53:23 AM »
"If you will look at he spreadsheet and compare us to some others, you will see we are planning to pay larger back to you the racers."

I don't understand how you think you are paying more back to the contestants....yea, there is more money in the payout because the entry fee is so high, but as far as paying more back to us....70% is not more.  So, you are keeping 30% of our money plus a $20 office charge & there is no added money & nothing guaranteed.  I am afraid that ya'll are not going to get anywhere close to 1400 entries.  I will be surprised if you get 200 IMHO.  I know I looked at this race & have decided to go to Brenham.

doc o lena bar

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 09:42:18 AM »
Gwilson, people do like for race to payout big money, but the majority of the racers would rather see more wholes paid than more money paid out.  500 entries should payout 10 wholes at least.  1400 entries should pay 20 places.  I know you are trying to keep the payout large to those that do place, but come on, your turn out would be very small.  AT looking at your payout as advertised the last placing in each D would only get 1% of the monies for that D anyway.  Thats not a very good return for the entry fee you had to pay, the processing fee you dished out and the fuel expense to get there.  You couldn't even make you money back.  Please rethink this scale.  I for one would lover to come and run at your shows, but just can't do it with that payout like it is.  Can't afford it.  Booger B guarentees the money he pays out no matter the entries.  That is one reason he does get the larger entries.  I really think that there should at least be added money for that kind of entry fee and more of a payout per D.  JMO

Offline jansigler

• Extreme Member
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 11:40:04 AM »
Doc,
Exactly what I was thinking, processing fee, plus 30% of my entry fee!!! too much taken out for only 5 places paid, no added money, no nothing!!! Guess we will wait and see how many enter and if the producer wants to keep putting these on.
Wonder if they have been reading the boards and all the barrel racers comments?AFter all, this is a barrel race not a calf roping!!!

Offline gwilson

• Novice Member
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 11:52:53 AM »
Hi Ladies,
         Yes we have been reading the boards.  We see the #of hits and the # of comments.  I am not sure how the others are leaning.  We would like to make this a good production and we do appreciate your comments.    I cannot believe the judgement we have received before even putting on an event.  If you would contact Michael he will be glad to hear your suggestions.  I am confused though, barrel racing, calf roping, bullriding, rodeo, it is all a gamble and we do it because of our competitive nature and fun with our hobbies, but I do not understand aiming for the last hole in the 5D and griping about not making my entry back......where is that "I want to win the # one spot" edge?  Did it get left at home?  The 10 hole in the last "D" shouldn't be expecting to take home a large bag of cash.  Again, if you would contact Michael (940-368-9390), he in turn will speak with the other producers and get it right for the majority of the racers. Let us hear your input.  We have extended the entry deadline to the 20th, because of the tardiness of our website.  Thanks.

Offline amplifly

• Extreme Member
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2006, 12:01:07 PM »
Gwen, I would just like to say that I appreciate you coming on here and being open to everyone's opinions on how events shoudl be ran.  I have witnessed other people in conjunction wiht other productions that took criticism very harshly.  In my opinion, being and open-minded producer is what makes a good producer, whether they be producing barrel races, muttin bustins, or calf ropings.  A large majority of us don't know just how hard it is to put on an event and have it ran great and the payout just right so that it satisfies everyone.  I have no doubt that you all will get this barrel racing stuff figured out and have a top notch production.  I have been to your calf ropings and they could not have been ran better, and the payout was really good.  Also, you chose fabulous facilities to hold your events at.
God is AWESOME!! :)

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2006, 12:05:26 PM »
gwilson, we all know it is a gamble and none of PLAN to place 5th in a division.  However, the reality is, that some of us do place lower in divisions at the bigger runs.  I don't believe I want go gamble quite this much  - $125 entry fee and $20 processing fee and only 70% payback.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

doc o lena bar

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2006, 01:16:34 PM »
Hi Ladies,
         Yes we have been reading the boards.  We see the #of hits and the # of comments.  I am not sure how the others are leaning.  We would like to make this a good production and we do appreciate your comments.    I cannot believe the judgement we have received before even putting on an event.  If you would contact Michael he will be glad to hear your suggestions.  I am confused though, barrel racing, calf roping, bullriding, rodeo, it is all a gamble and we do it because of our competitive nature and fun with our hobbies, but I do not understand aiming for the last hole in the 5D and griping about not making my entry back......where is that "I want to win the # one spot" edge?  Did it get left at home?  The 10 hole in the last "D" shouldn't be expecting to take home a large bag of cash.  Again, if you would contact Michael (940-368-9390), he in turn will speak with the other producers and get it right for the majority of the racers. Let us hear your input.  We have extended the entry deadline to the 20th, because of the tardiness of our website.  Thanks.

Gwen, I'm not aiming at the last hole in the 5D, I'm talking last hole in any D.  If you took a look at what last hole in 1D showed to payout, it is only 1% of what the 1D as a hole would payout.  9th place shows in the example to payout $1,100 +, and 10th place only pays $325?  or something like that, its not in front of me right now.  That is what I'm talking about.  I shoot for that top spot in the 1D when I go run, so its not like I'm trying to make that last hole in any D.  Just think that the last hole in any D should payout more.  I would love to come to you race, just make it more inviting for me to spend the high entry, processing fee, fuel cost and I'll be there.  I don't mind spending that kind of entry for added money or guarenteed payout no matter the entries.  I'm not opposed to it at all.  I will support it for that.  Just can't see $125 entry, $20 proc. $100 fuel for $325 for lost hole in the 1D.  Not making any money.  (I'm just using the payout example for 1400 entries).  We all love competition.  I'm all for it.  Allot of people that don't comment on this aren't really sure about how it works.  Some are and some just look at your payout and don't read the fine print.  Those are the ones that you will here from after the race or during.  Most of us on here have been to enough races, paid those high fees and no what we are looking for in a race.  This why you are getting all this feed back from here.  I do wish you guys the best of luck and hope to come to the one in Graham if the payout scale changes, added money, or entry fee is lower.  It sounds like you guys really want to have a top notch show.

We all want to know what the payout scale will be for 500 entries.  Could you please give us that.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 02:27:24 PM by doc o lena bar »

Offline GamblinMan

• Extreme Member
  • JRo & "Padre" A.K.A. JericoGamblinMan
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2006, 02:46:36 PM »
I'd like to add that for those of us without 1D horses, it's just a harsh reality that we have to look at the payout of the last hole of the last D.... not that we're aiming for it; but we can do our best and then the rest is a crap shoot.  So, we have to look for the best odds, and hope it rolls in our favor.

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2006, 03:31:41 PM »
i did call michael and spoke with him last week..he was very very courtious and wanted to answer my questions.it was the day the website was supposed to be up..i asked questions and he did say sorry for being vague and not being able to answer my questions straight up..he did tell me that with 500 riders there would be 5 payholes
..so what if there was not 500 riders..what if there are only 300 riders? would that mean 3 holes and if there were only 100 does that mean 1 pay hole?
can't wait till May!!!

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2006, 05:43:06 PM »
i had a reply from one of the people putting on this barrel race and there will be no less than 5 holes paid i'm assuming even if there were only 100 riders..i'm thinkin of going to the lufkin one.
can't wait till May!!!

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006, 09:32:02 PM »
gwilson, wish ya all the luck and good fortune in the world. Looking forward to seeing a producer of y'all's caliber join the ranks of Barrel Producing. I think you are off to a good start as ya got to start somewhere <COLOR GRIN>, I like your idea, ain't sure it'll go over great or not. I have always thought a higher entry fee and larger payback was the answer to the barrel industry. Get associated with BBR ( Better Barrel Races ) they bring alot to the table for a producer and you'll get more entries that way too BB) I am thinking of the Lufkin race myself and yes money is always an issue with barrelracers :\\((( You got some good advice from some folks who apparently want to see you succeed, I know I sure do.
'I'm your huckleberry' Doc Holiday